I once had a working Cubase patchmap (sometimes called a patch name script) for my Akai SG01V MIDI module, but I lost it and had to spend hours re-entering the patches using Steinberg’s patchlist creation tool. If I had to do it again, I’d probably use the Device Editor tool in Cubase itself. However, this patchlist does work with Cubase SX. It allows the user to select between all 256 patches and both drumkits using the GUI rather than looking up the patches by number.
There is an XML file for the SG01V Cubase SX floating around the Internet, but I could never get it to work properly.
To use it, copy it into
C:/Documents and Settings/[your username]/Application data/Steinberg/Cubase SX/Scripts/Patchnames/inactive/other/
There is a similar set of directories with patch scripts in them in the Cubase SX program directory but I couldn’t get Cubase to see my patch script when I copied it into there.
Once you have the file installed, you then add a new MIDI device and select SG01V (Akai) from the list.
Click here to download it (About .08MB)
At time of writing, I’ve spent a couple of hours with the script and I haven’t found any mistakes. If you find any errors, please let me know via email or the comments section under this post and I’ll update the patchlist and post it here.
I tried to stick to the naming style of the patchlist in the manual itself and this meant using upper case and a slightly inconsistent naming convention.
It might be worth trying to hack the patchlist if you need a different layout. For example, if you removed all of the [g1] tags, all of the patches would be presented as one single list, without the category sections. Another approach would be collate the similar sections that are spread between both banks (such as Lead1 and Lead2) into a single category.